Platinum Properties offer to sell your home for 1% (including VAT) for homes of any value.
We provide a dynamic, eye catching Sales board to ensure maximum attention to your home, marketing on all major web portals including Rightmove, Findaproperty, Globrix and PrimeLocation to name but a few. In addition your home will feature in the local press throughout the selling process.
Our offices are open 6 days a week with a member of our team available 6am – 6pm.
Platinum Properties Top Selling Tips
- Target Market – The first step to selling your property quickly and painlessly is to consider your target market. For example, if you feel a professional couple would be ideal, then turn the 2nd bed/office back into a bedroom and make space elsewhere for a workstation in the house. This ensures that the house would still appeal to a young couple with a small child.
- Timing – Spring (Feb/Mar) and Autumn (Sep) are the key times to sell your property when traditionally demand outstrips supply and therefore prices are usually at their most buoyant.
- De-Clutter, De-Personalise – Potential buyers need to imagine themselves living in your house, so put things you don’t really use on a daily basis in the attic or storage. Large pieces of furniture should also go into storage as this will make rooms fell much bigger.
- Freshen Up – A fresh coat of neutral paint, new tiling or lino, and a few new kitchen doors can transform a tired-looking property instantly. Replace broken light bulbs; re-painting front door; and strategically placed flowers are just a number of easy, low cost options that could make the difference.
- Clean Up – It is essential that the house is spotless. Getting industrial cleaners in to really make the house sparkle will be money well-spent. Pay special attention to the kitchen and bathrooms, which need to be inviting and hygienic. Watch out for over-stuffed wardrobes as people do look in them to check the amount of storage space, so clear them out!! Finally, the garden is now seen as an additional room, so be sure to make your garden feel like a great space for entertaining and relaxing.
- Get the Word Out – Always have a board up, and tell your neighbours – word of mouth is a powerful tool. You never know who might live round the corner, waiting for your house to come to market.
- Prepare for Viewings – Everyone knows that first impressions count, and you’ll want the house to appeal to as many people as possible; the more people there are who like the property, the higher the selling price should be. So sweep up, and make sure the front yard/entrance and hall to your house are tidy and inviting. Leave any pets with a neighbour, and thoroughly clean up any cat hair in particular, as many people are allergic to animal hair. Turn the lights and heating on; air out the house; and don’t smoke or cook a curry before viewings. If you’ve got parking, leave the space free for the buyer – this will add to the whole experience.
- Showing a Property – As your Selling Agent, and knowing our job, we always recommend that property owners go out during viewings. If your circumstances are such that you must show your property yourselves then Platinum Properties would be on hand to guide through the do and don’ts when conducting a property viewing.
- Choosing the best buyer - The person who offers the highest price is not always the best choice. We will advice you on buyers, and find out as much about the buyers' circumstances as possible. First, how are they financing the purchase? Cash buyers are best, but if they are raising a mortgage ask to see a mortgage 'in principle' letter from their lender. Are they first-time buyers? If so, they will need some handholding by ourselves and could protract conveyancing. Do they have a related transaction? If they have something to sell, then it should be under offer before you take your property off the market. Also, find out about any forward chains that could complicate agreeing completion dates further down the line. Additional purchasers and buyers returning to the market are usually good news - as long as their finances are in place, then there should be less potential hurdles here. A buyer who is represented by a professional home search consultant is also very good news, as the consultant will push the deal through on their side of the fence, too.